Welcome to Ian Martin!
Your trust means the world to us. That’s why we believe in telling you upfront how we will use any personal information we collect, and assure you that we will always ask permission from you to use it in the first place.
As part of our mission to connect people in meaningful work, we sometimes collect personal information. When you apply to or work with the Ian Martin Group, it’s likely that you’ll share some information with us like your name, your contact details, or your resume. We want to make sure that this information remains safe and protected.
So in plain-speak, what does it mean for you?
- If you want to apply for a job, sign up for our email job alerts, or use Ian Martin’s services, you’ll need to provide some contact information that we can use to keep communicating with you about specific roles or future job opportunities. We’ll ask you for your consent to use this information for these purposes only.
- Sometimes we may need to share your information—for example, if you’re applying to a job and we need to share your resume with a company — but you can rest assured we will never share your personal information without your permission first.
- If you’re sending us a resume for potential jobs, we’ll add it to our resume database so our recruiters can search your skills and experience and have your resume on hand when an opportunity arises. However, if the time comes when you don’t want your resume or information on file with us, just let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We care about your personal information and want to keep it safe. Loree Bennett, Vice-President of Ian Martin, is our Privacy Officer—she stays on top of the latest rules and regulations and makes sure we are trustworthy stewards of any personal information we receive. You can contact her at any time if you have questions or concerns: email@example.com
Consent – Personal Information and Commercial Electronic Messages
Terms and Conditions
I hereby agree as follows:
I confirm providing the various consents included therein and otherwise agree to the collection, use, disclosure, retention, and destruction practices and the policies set forth therein with respect to each of the Ian Martin Group of Companies.
- I agree that each of the Ian Martin Group of Companies may send me e-mails, text messages, pin messages, invitations to chat, or connect in regard to any platform or network, and any other form of digital messaging (each, a “CEM”) for any of the following purposes:
- providing information about the services of the Ian Martin Group of Companies;
- providing information about potential job opportunities;
iii. providing career or industry information;
- providing information and notices related to job placements or employment;
- invitation to participate at events of any of the Ian Martin Group of Companies or of any third party; and
- providing information about special offers from our business partners.
- I agree that such consent will continue until I withdraw such consent by way of a written notices sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy, which applies to access to and use of the websites that have a URL that includes the ianmartin.com domain name including, without limitation, www.ianmartin.com, careers.ianmartin.com, training.ianmartin.com and support.ianmartin.com (the “Website”) and all associated services (collectively, the “Online Services”), is designed to ensure our collection, use, disclosure, retention and destruction of personal information (collectively, “Handling” and by extension, “Handle”) in conjunction with this Website meets or exceeds the requirements of applicable Canadian Federal and Provincial privacy laws (“Privacy Laws”). We are committed to constant self-evaluation of our practices and procedures and to maintaining the highest standard in this regard.
- Privacy Officer
- Collection of Personal Information
- Information Protection, Identification and Consent
- Retention and Safeguards
- Individual Access
- Challenging Compliance
1. Privacy Officer
The Ian Martin Group of Companies Privacy Officer commits to being aware and knowledgeable about any changes in the Privacy Laws to ensure The Ian Martin Group of Companies consistently meets or exceeds applicable privacy requirements.
2. Collection of Personal Information
We collect various types of information from individuals who access the Website or use Online Services, including some personal information. Personal information is collected to allow us to provide Online Services or to allow you to make use of certain features of the Website. Personal information is also collected to help us improve the Website and Online Services by better understanding how these are accessed and used by visitors. Personal information is also collected so that we may contact you or otherwise respond to your inquiries or other requests and items requiring follow-up action.
We may combine or aggregate any of the personal information we collect through access to the Website and/or use of the Online Services, offline, or elsewhere for any of these purposes.
If you sign up for our “Job Alerts service, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and general industry of interest in regard to employment or contract opportunities.
If you seek our assistance in regard to your search for employment or contract opportunities, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and general industry of interest, and level of experience in your field. You will also have the option of asking questions as part of your request for assistance through completion of the relevant webform on the Website, in which you may choose to provide additional personal information about yourself. You are also provided with the option of uploading your résumé.
Feedback and Inquiries
We monitor access to certain Website resources and features and Online Services as well as other browsing patterns and history. Any such data will be anonymized and aggregated and will not be associated with you specifically.
When you send e-mail or other communications to Ian Martin Group, we will use your contact information and whatever other information is provided in your communication for the purposes of our review, processing, redirection, escalation, and response to your comments or inquiries. These can include e-mails sent by you via the “Contact Us” feature to make inquiries or report abuse on the Website or to solicit our services.
When you visit the Website, your web browser will send data about your computer’s IP address, type of browser or version, and statistics regarding the time spent on the Website (and/or on particular webpages or sections of the Website) and actions performed on the Website (“Log Data”).
3. Sharing of Personal Information
Corporations within the Ian Martin Group may share your personal information between themselves. Please note that certain corporations within the Ian Martin Group are located and operate outside of Canada including, without limitation, the United States and India. Ian Martin Group will not share your personal information with any other third party except in the following circumstances:
- with trusted third party service providers that we have retained that require access to your personal information in order to perform the services for us. These may include services in terms of the hosting, operation, and/or maintenance of the Website (including any service or feature of the Website), customer service, the undertaking of customer satisfaction surveys or with respect to other operational, marketing, financial, or technical matters;
- to business partners that may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- to carry out our staffing services, that is, to try to find job matches for applicants and fulfill staffing service requests of prospective employers.
- with other third parties to whom such disclosure has been authorized through your consent;
- where disclosure is required by law;
- where disclosure is permitted pursuant to Privacy Laws;
- in conjunction with any outsourcing of our operations or business processes (or the repatriation of the foregoing);
- in conjunction with any sale of Ian Martin Group or any of the corporations which form Ian Martin Group, or any of their respective businesses or parts of their respective businesses; or
- in conjunction with any litigation or other legal proceedings.
In all such circumstances, Ian Martin Group will ensure that safeguards are in place in regard to such third parties: (i) to restrict use and further disclosure of personal information by such third parties to what is reasonably required to give effect to the purposes outlined above; and (ii) to prevent unauthorized access to as well as unauthorized alteration, disclosure and/or disclosure of personal information.
4. Storage of Personal Information
Your personal information is kept at secure facilities and on secure servers owned and operated by third party service providers retained by Ian Martin Group some of which are located in Canada and others in the United States. We may transfer your personal information outside of Canada to prospective employers located in other countries to the extent that you have requested job placement in such foreign jurisdictions. Likewise, as indicated above, corporations within the Ian Martin Group located in the United States and India may access your personal information and make local copies thereof and store these on their internal computer facilities.
Only employees who need to access personal information to perform a specific job related task (for example, a placement representative or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifying information.
We maintain certain databases which include personal information. These are stored in secured facilities and are protected by logical and physical security measures that are adequate having regard to the sensitivity of the personal information stored therein. We also may store your personal information in paper document files in our offices. These are secured in locked filing cabinets. Access to these records will be limited to those employees and representatives who have a “need to know” such information, as prescribed by the requirements of their job functions only.
While reasonable safeguards and security measures are in place to prevent against unauthorized use, access, or disclosure of your personal information, we cannot guarantee that such safeguards are impenetrable from breaches. You assume the risk of unauthorized use, access, or disclosure of your personal information that may occur as a result of transmission over public or other networks over which we have no control.
6. Retention and Safeguards
Ian Martin Group will retain personal information until the underlying purpose for which such personal information was collected has been realized. There may be circumstances, however, where personal information may be retained beyond such period of time including, without limitation, where the underlying records are the subject of litigation or potential litigation or where a longer retention period is required by or otherwise permitted by applicable laws. For example, employment standards legislation requires minimum retention period for information relating to certain employee and employment related information. Third party suppliers have been instructed to follow the same guidelines.
Personal Information may be retained for longer periods of time in the event of any complaint, investigation or legal proceedings for purposes associated with or ancillary to the foregoing. Personal Information will also be retained for such periods of time as may be required by applicable laws.
While in our possession or under our control, personal information will continue to be subject to the security safeguards described above. Personal information (and records that include personal information, and media on which personal information) which is scheduled to be destroyed in accordance with our record retention policy or otherwise as required by applicable laws, will be done so in a secure and permanent manner.
Ian Martin Group will make every effort to ensure personal information remains current and is updated internally and through our third party service providers in a timely manner. Individuals are expected to notify us in terms of any changes to their personal information and provide us with updated information in a timely manner. We reserve the right to validate the identity of any individual requesting that his or her personal information be updated and we further reserve the right to validate the accuracy of the changes proposed by such individual.
Ian Martin Group will be happy to provide further information about its policy or practices. Inquiries in this regard should be made by sending a request in writing to the Privacy Officer at:
610 Chartwell Road, Suite 101
Oakville, ON L6J 4A5
or by e-mail at email@example.com.
9. Individual Access
Ian Martin Group will generally disclose to an individual what personal information it holds in regard to him or her, along with the use and sharing of any such personal information.
Specific requests for information can be directed to the Privacy Officer at:
610 Chartwell Road,
Suite 101 Oakville, ON L6J 4A5
or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should Ian Martin Group not be able or willing to comply with the request for a justifiable reason, that reason will be given to the requestor. These may include any ofthe following reasons:
- the information is protected by solicitor-client privilege
- disclosure would reveal confidential commercial information
- the information relates to an investigation into the breach of an agreement or of a law of Canada or a province
- the information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process
The foregoing list is not exhaustive and other reasons may be considered justifiable.
Where out of pocket costs are incurred in regard to the processing of a request, we may seek reimbursement of such expenses from the requesting party where permitted to do so under Privacy Laws. We would inform the requesting party of any such costs prior to these being incurred.
We reserve the right to validate the identity of any individual requesting delivery of his or her personal information or otherwise requiring details of personal information held about him or her.
Individuals have the right to file a challenge about our Handling of their personal information where the foregoing contravenes Privacy Laws. Ian Martin Group will investigate any complaints thoroughly. Complaints must be in writing, must include all relevant facts and must be directed to our Privacy officer at:
610 Chartwell Road, Suite 101
Oakville, ON L6J 4A5
or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to validate the identify of any complainant prior to looking into his or her complaint or otherwise sharing with him or her any personal information identified in or otherwise relevant to such complaint.